Thursday, April 30, 2009

Don't know where to start

Major re-thinks going on regarding the following:

Storage Services
Clouds for the academic research community
Operational costs of IT (OpEx)
Is green the new red?

Some random thoughts:

How come I just found out about the 'Prisoner' remake, it's in post production right now?

No one really understands service levels.

No one ever thinks about risk in a way they can communicate about.

'IT' as a concept space has grown too large to manage. We already knew that as a terminology generator it exceeded the DOD some time ago. But now I find that I hear terms, read articles, read analysts reports and come up with high level internal architectural scaffolds with which I understand what I am talking about and asking for. It's just not likely that the people I am talking to or requesting product use the same scaffold and model. The net result is that I am constantly either disappointed or feeling abused and/or ripped-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment